Recent Posts

  • What can be done to stop divorced women losing out on shared pension wealth?

    Research has shown that a disproportionate number of women are missing out on shared pension wealth after divorce. In this blog post, we’ll look at the problem in more detail, and talk about what women can do to ensure they get their fair share. Are divorced women facing an impending pension crisis? Recent research has

    read more
  • Don’t Settle with Second Best

    See what Joanne Major, Managing Director of Major Family Law, divorce and family law specialists, says in this month’s Luxe magazine: Celebrating its 10th year in business this month, Major Family Law is a force to be reckoned with in the family law arena. The progressive family law firm based in Ponteland is now the

    read more
  • Driving Offences and the Law

    Read what our Consultant Solicitor, Jonathan Dunkley, has to say about driving offences and the law in this month’s edition of Luxe Magazine. Loopholes and the law: speeding offences We are all fiercely defensive of our driving licenses. We are certainly quick to defend any suggestion that we have driven in a way that might

    read more
  • Financial Provision & Agreements

    If your marriage has irretrievably broken down and you are thinking about divorce, you should also consider making financial provision for you and your family. What is Financial Provision? Financial provision is the formal agreement made when you separate from your partner. This financial settlement divides up you and your ex-partner’s assets, while making arrangements

    read more
  • Kielder Marathon

    Very well done to our specialist children’s solicitor, Sam Carter, who took part in the Kielder Marathon yesterday, 7 October 2018, beating his personal best – 3.30.41. A tremendous effort and thus far raising a staggering £750 for the Brain Tumour Charity – JustGiving: with donations still coming in. Bravo Sam! We hope you’re relaxing

    read more
  • Ending a Civil Partnership

    If you are thinking of ending your same sex relationship, you may be considering a civil partnership dissolution. If your relationship has come to an end, you will need to apply to legally terminate your partnership in court. It is a similar method to getting a gay divorce, if you are in a same sex

    read more
Read all media