Variation and Enforcement of Financial Orders

Here at Major Family Law, our experienced solicitors can help you deal with any matters relating to the variation and enforcement of financial orders. These court orders can help you to recover any assets which are rightfully yours after a divorce, or vary the terms of the settlement in light of a change in your financial circumstances.

After a divorce, it’s sometimes necessary to change or enforce the terms of a financial settlement. This might come about because either your or your former partner has changed jobs, or come into a significant windfall. Or, you may need to reduce or temporarily end the payments after a significant reduction in income.

When this happens, a solicitor can help you apply to the court for a variation order. You can also use a variation order to switch long-term spousal maintenance for a one-off lump sum, if this is financially feasible and convenient for you.

If you’re currently owed spousal maintenance payments, then seeking an enforcement of financial consent order can help you recover what’s lawfully yours. The court can use its powers to order the payment or recovery of your assets. By applying to the court, you may even be able to force the sale of a property or other assets you are owed.

Here at Major Family Law, we understand that you want to get your life and finances back on track as soon as possible after divorce. Our knowledgeable, helpful, and experienced solicitors can guide you through the process, and will work to help you secure a court order that’s as beneficial for you as possible.

You can contact us by telephone on 01661 824582, or fill out our online contact form today for a confidential no-obligation consultation.